Monday, August 4, 2008

This Vote will have to be Earned. I have no Bumper Stickers.

Every four years we are afforded this opportunity by the Founding Fathers who aimed to keep from a regimist sort of government from controlling our nation. In my lifetime I have only been an accountable witness to four actual presidents with my first memories being Reagan and his "tear down this wall" speech in 1987. I was only 5, but even then I had a strong interest in current events and news probably due to only having one tv in our house and a mother who cared more about what her kids watched unlike some of today's parents. This election is by far the most important to me as my 30's are staring me in the face and the realization of a more adult attitude towards politics has forged a solid political structure for my beliefs. I now care about tax rates because I have a "real job". I care about health care now that I realize I'm not indestructable. Illegal immigration and it's effect on our economy and way of life are more evident to me now that I live in Southern California which arguably is the epicenter of the issue. Being 26 gives me little clout among the aging political minds in this country, but my perspective and clarity from a slightly different vantage point should be a message that candidates like Obama and McCain should feind for on the campaign trail like starving bulemics at a taping of Emeril Live. We are the generation of skeptics. We live in the CGI, steroids, and scandal era. We are beyond rational to the point of creating our own blogs to avoid media coverage spawned from 65 year old billionaire agenda drivers who need oxygen tanks to survive life with their heads up their @$$&$. Stop preaching Hope and Change, and stop mocking each other like 5 year olds. When I was 5 I admired great leaders and ignored schoolyard trash-talking, nothing has changed.

No comments: